A piano you can play any time you want, with the natural touch of an acoustic grand piano. The new Silent Piano™ from Yamaha, offering enhanced Silent functions and an even richer sound.
With magnificent cabinetry, spruce soundboard and back posts crafted to European preferences, the P116 delivers superb sound quality while remaining compact in appearance. Silent functionality has been added to this P116. This is an SH-type type Silent piano™ featuring a CFX sound source.
CFX Binaural Sampling
- For the first time ever the Silent Piano™ offers sound sampled from the Yamaha CFX full concert grand piano, supporting the beauty of its clear, vivid tones with the power of this renowned instrument.
- Yamaha’s first model with binaural sampling system, enabling reproduction of natural and three-dimensional sound.
- [ Binaural sampling system ] A recording system in which microphones are installed in the ears of a dummy (see diagram) so that the sound can be reproduced the way it is heard by the player.
- When playing in "Silent" mode, the player feels as though the CFX sounds are coming directly from the piano.
Maximum simultaneous polyphony of 256 notes
The maximum simultaneous polyphony on the SH type is 256 notes. With the increase in maximum simultaneous polyphony CFX sampling and piano effects can be utilized more effectively for enhanced precision in sound reproduction.
Large capacity (256MB) of wave memory
This increase in memory capacity enables the SH type to reproduce even the subtle difference in nuances brought by key touch and thus significantly increases the expressivity of performance.
Four types of piano effects for reproducing sounds that are characteristic of acoustic performance
- String resonance: Reproduces the expressive tonal colors that are created as strings hit by hammers resonate with other strings.
- Key-off sampling: Reproduces the subtle changes of sound that occur when the damper touches the strings.
- Sustain sampling: Records the rich sounds that are generated as the player depresses a pedal during performance.
- Damper resonance: Reproduces the deep and expansive resonance that is generated when the player depresses a pedal. Subtle changes in nuance that occur during the performance can be reproduced faithfully.
The SH type has a built-in metronome that can be used in "Silent" mode so that players can listen to precise rhythm through headphones while they play.
19 tonal colors
19 voices, including harpsichord, pipe organ strings, celesta and jazz organ provide a wide range of musical expression.
Two recording systems (Built-in recorder and USB audio recorder)
- The performance can be recorded in two different ways. It can be recorded either directly to the built-in recorder of a piano, or to a USB audio recorder, in which case the data stored in USB flash memory in WAV format can be played on a PC as well.
- Using a built-in recorder is more convenient if the players wish to listen to the recorded piece right away. It allows them to listen to the entire performance of a music piece or to go back and listen to a particular section of the piece.
- Since performances are saved in WAV format with a USB audio recorder, they can be recorded onto CDs or played on portable music players.
User-friendly control panel
Blue-lit control buttons on the front panel are easy to identify and provide superb operability.
Open structured headphones that can produce clear, high-quality sound
- The headphones that come exclusively with SH type pianos are designed in a way that minimizes the strain on users after long hours of playing.
- This newly employed headphones contribute to the improvement of sound quality as well as to the reduction of fatigue during performance.
Equipped with AUX and MIDI terminals
- AUX and MIDI terminals allow the sound to be output to a variety of external devices (e.g. stereo components, IC recorders, speakers with built-in amplifiers, stereo systems).
- Connecting SH type pianos to external devices such as sound source modules and music players (CD players etc.) via AUX IN terminals allows players to listen to the sound from these external devices on the headphones while they play the piano.
- Connecting MIDI devices such as synthesizers to SH type pianos via MIDI OUTPUT terminals allows players to transmit performance information to external devices for playback.
- Connecting music sequencers to SH type pianos via MIDI IN terminals allows the players to receive and play back the performance information provided by the sequencers using the sound source of SH type pianos.
- Width: 153cm
- Height: 116cm
- Depth: 57cm
- Weight: 220kg
- Number of Keys: 88
- Key Surfaces - White: Acrylic resin
- Key Surfaces - Black: Phenolic resin
- Keyboard Action: Made by Yamaha
- Hammer Type: P Seris Special
- Pedal Type: Damper / Muffler / Soft
- Frame Type: V-pro
- Back Post Number: 4
- Caster Type: Double Iron caster
- Lid Prop Safety Stop: -
- Key Cover Lid/Fallboard Locks: No
- Soft-Close Fallboard: No
SILENT PIANO FUNCTIONS:
- Key Sensor: Noncontact continuous detection optical sensor
- Hammer Sensor: -
- Pedal Sensors: Damper pedal: continuous detection sensor Soft pedal: ON/OFF detection sensor
- Mechanism: Hammer shank stopper operated by centre pedal
- Action: Quick Escape mechanism
- Type: AWM Stereo Sampling
- Sound Engine (Piano): CFX Binaural Sampling
- Piano Effects: Key-off Samples, String Resonance, Sustain Samples, Damper Resonance
- Polyphony (max): 256
- Number of Voices: 19 (dual 3)
- Voice Selection (Playback): 480 XG Voices + 12 Drum / SFX kits
Wave Memory: 256MB
- Reverb: Room / Hall 1 / Hall 2 / Stage
- Pitch Control: 414.8Hz to 468.8Hz
- Metronome: Yes
- Preset Songs: 53 (50 greats for the Piano + 3 piano demo)
- MIDI Recording/Playback: Yes
- USB Audio Recorder: Yes (WAV)
- Headphones: Mini Stereo Jack x 2
- MIDI IN/OUT: Yes
- AUX IN/OUT: Mini Stereo Jack
- Speaker Output: phone jack x 2
- SB TO DEVICE: Yes
- Power Consumption: 17W (DC12V)
- Auto Power Off: Yes
Accessories: AC adapter, Headphones, Headphones holder, Owner's manual, Music book "50 greats for the Piano"
**Please note that not all piano finishes are kept in stock and some will need to be ordered.